Translate this page into:
|How to cite this article:
. IADVL Announcement. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2015;81:232
IADVL Mentorship Programme
Long distance learning
Broadly: Mentors will focus on soft skills, not academics
- Financial management in practice or IADVL State or National
- Editorship,working on journal editorial teams or writing in dermatology
- Young Faculty-Balancing professional with personal
- Managing Organisations
- Public Presentations
- Leadership in Practice daily
- Writing and Research in Academics and Private Practice
This is all on personal experience.
- Mentor applicants can give their areas of work expertise.
- Commit time-3 hours a month or more on phone, email, chat, Skype, Google hangout.
- One or 2 face to face meetings mutually at a common conference etc-say spend 1 to 2 hours or if there is a visit to the city.
- Total 6 months.
- Mentee to discuss situations and put in practice practically.
- The mentor must agree to maintain long term relationship with mentee.
A feedback to be given by both
Applicants to apply by March for Mentors.Application form will be sent and available on website.
Mentees to choose by 31 st March as 1, 2, 3 choices. It will be based on mutual comfort.
We will initially start with volunteers and simultaneous request for mentor applications so that a mentor pool is built.
- One who has completed PG.
- Has to be LM .
- Age is not a bar so it can be a middle level dermatologist.
Mentor volunteers for pilot program
- Dr Deepak Parikh (West)
- Dr Venkataram Mysore (South)
- Dr Rashmi Sarkar (North)
- Dr Koushik Lahiri (East)
- Dr Rajesh Verma (Armed Forces)
Mentee needs to apply by sending following details to:email@example.com by 31 st March 2015.
- LM no (only LMs) eligible
- Mentor Choice as 1, 2,3 (Similarly mentor has a choice too based on areas of interest etc)
- Statement why he/she wants to be a mentee (250 words)
- Brief CV