Translate this page into:
Pattern of Sexually Transmitted Diseases in Chandigarh
|How to cite this article:
Kumar B, Sharma VK, Malhotra S, Bakaya V. Pattern of Sexually Transmitted Diseases in Chandigarh. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 1987;53:286-291
AbstractA retrospective,data analysis of sexually transmitted diseases was carried out to study the pattern of these diseases prevalent in the region. One thousand'five hundred and seventy,one patients'were seen from January 1977 to October 1985. Maks constituted 95.5% of this group and females the remaining 4.5%. Commonest age group affected was 20-29 years in both sexes. Condytoma acuminata was the commonest STD (21.40/o), followed by gonorrhoea (16.9%), chancroid (12.2%) genital herpes (11.4%), syphilis (10.4%), not'specific ulcers (7.1%), donovanosis (6.3%),mixed infections (5.3%) and NSU (4.1%) Secondary syphilis was the most common (48.6%) presentation of syphik and in women it od 75.8% of all the cases of syphilis. In'more than a quarter of patients, psycho- problems were the reason for attendance.